February 8th, 2007
|09:28 pm - Everything old is new again|
It has been awhile since I've seen any gratitude posts around LJ. If you've done one, please don't get upset, I'm the first to admit that skimming is my main LJ viewing habit of late. Anyway, I have a lot to be grateful for, but I'm guilty of getting wrapped up in the every day and often forget to express my gratitude. I'm going to add on belated item to my list of New Year goals ... I'm going to use my journal to list at least one thing I'm grateful for every day. This does not mean that I need to post every day, but at some point during the week I need to list seven things I'm grateful for that week. I'm a few weeks behind, so there will be extras to make up for lost time.
I am grateful for:
1) Being alive.
2) My relationship with my father.
3) The unconditional love I receive from my cats.
4) A job that does not require me to work outside in cold weather.
5) My amazing doctors.
7) The country in which I live.
9) My new job responsibilities.
10) The purring kitty that is curled up in my lap.
12) The friends I've known the longest.
13) The friends that know me the best.
14) The new friends from my Ireland trip.
15) The opportunity to go to Ireland.
16) Moisturizer ... the reason 40 is the new 30.
17) Ugly Betty.
18) Fun stickers that smell like chocolate.
19) Gay boyfriends.
21) That I grew up with all four of my grandparents still living.
23) Fat free chocolate pudding.
24) Pug love.
25) Phone calls "just to check in."
27) Hot showers.
28) Clean sheets fresh from the dryer.
29) Dark chocolate Toblerone.
31) Melting snow.
That covers January. I'll work on catching up on February tomorrow.
Current Location: My home office
Current Mood: content
Current Music: Young Dubliners - Raglan Road
I need to do that, too. I've been whinging a lot, and I have tons to be thankful for.
I'm glad to see you post. :) I don't have much time to post myself these days, but I am reading!